Board of Elections
In accordance with Chapter 183-1 of the Georgia Election Code, the Board of Elections has installed a secure drop box for absentee ballots. Read on...
Pursuant to the State Election Board Emergency Rule 183-1-14-0.7-.15, Processing Absentee Ballots Prior to Election Day, the Board of Elections will begin processing the Absentee Ballots cast in the June 9, 2020 General Primary Election on June 4. Read on...
Advance Voting- 2020 Combined Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary Non-Partisan ElectionAdvance Voting Locations for the June 9, 2020 Combined Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary Non-Partisan Elections Read on...
Due to the number of Absentee Ballots requested statewide, the Georgia Secretary of State's Office is including an "Official Absentee Ballot" paper sleeve instead of an "Official Absentee Ballot" envelope in packages for quicker processing. Read on...
The Athens-Clarke County Board of Elections manages voter registration and conducts all elections held in Athens-Clarke County (including the city of Winterville). The board uses the Georgia Elections Code, Georgia State Election Board rules, and U.S. Justice Department regulations as guidelines.
In carrying out its duties, the Board of Elections strives to be of service to every citizen by being fair, nondiscriminatory, and informed on all election laws and legislative changes that will affect their duties and responsibilities to the public.
You can contact the Board of Elections by phone, fax, or email. Please direct your email inquiries to Charlotte Sosebee, Pamela Long, or Aletha Perkins.
- What are the requirements for registering to vote?
- How do I register to vote?
- Do I have to register to vote again when I move?
- How do I know if my application was approved?
- Can my registration expire?
- Am I eligible to vote?
- What are my voting options?
- When can I vote absentee my mail?
- What identification is required to vote?
- Can I use my college or university photo ID card?
- What happens if I am at the polls on Election Day and I do not have my photo ID?
- What if I do not have acceptable photo ID?
- How does the voting process work in Georgia?