Motor Vehicle Division
The Motor Vehicle Division / Tag Office provides information and services related to:
- vehicle registration
- license plate/tag issuance and renewal
- vehicle titling
- motor vehicle taxation, fines, and fees, including insurance fines and penalties
Acceptable methods of payment in the office are cash, state checks, money orders, MasterCard, VISA and Discover. A service fee of 3% of the transaction total will be added for all credit card and debit card transactions.
Online payment options, acceptable methods of payment and fees:
Credit or Debit Card - MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express, 2.35% of total ($1.00 minimum). Click here for Internet Renewal.
Have an insurance fine/penalty to pay? Pay it online by clicking here Pay Insurance Penalty. Have in hand the penalty notice as you will need to enter the provided file and reference number.
Have an address change? 1) Update your address on your Georgia driver’s license. Georgia law states that any person who moves or changes their name must apply for a license that shows the correct name or address within 60 days of the change. O.C.G.A. § 40-5-33 (2014). 2) Provide the Tag Office with the updated license or confirmation of address change.
2020 & 2021 Tag Office Holiday Closures
- Wednesday December 16 from 11:30 - 2 for Holiday Lunch
- Thursday, December 24, 2020, Christmas Eve
- Friday, December 25, 2020, Christmas
- Friday, January 1, 2021, New Year’s Day
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 1 pm - Friday, January 15, 2021 For State Computer Update
- Monday, January 18, 2021 Martin Luther King Day
- Monday May 31, 2021 Memorial Day
- Monday July 5, 2021 Independence Day
- Monday September 6,2021 Labor Day
- Thursday November 25, 2021 and Friday November 26,2021 Thanksgiving
- Thursday December 23, 2021 and Friday December 24, 2021 Christmas
- Friday December 31, 2021 New Years