- Departments & Offices I - Z
- Public Information Office
- ACTV Government Access Channel
ACTV Government Access Channel
About ACTV (Charter Cable Channel 180)
On October 27, 2000, the Public Information Office began broadcasting information as ACTV, a government access television channel, on Charter Cable and University Cablevision. In March 2002, ACTV began airing live and rebroadcast Mayor & Commission meetings. On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, ACTV was moved by Charter Cable to Channel 180.
ACTV airs information 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
The following schedule repeats every hour when not superseded by other programming:
- :00 - :10 Mayor and Commission Information: Biographical and contact information for the mayor and 10 commissioners, meeting schedules, agendas, and updates on other issues
- :10 - :20 Government Services Updates: Road work reports, water restrictions, leaf and limb pick-up schedules, water conservation tips, Transportation and Public Works Department updates, Public Utilities Department updates, and recycling tips
- :20 - :30 What’s Happening in Athens?: Time-sensitive information on Athens-Clarke County activities and programs, Leisure Services Department program information, public meetings, and forums
- :30 - :40 Job Opportunities with Athens-Clarke County: Current listing of available jobs with the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government, including full-time, part-time, and summer opportunities with the Leisure Services Department
- :40 - :50 Public Safety Updates: Fire and crime prevention tips, reward information, public safety information, warnings, requests for citizen help, and recognition for police, fire, and sheriff personnel
- :50 - :00 All About Athens: General Athens-Clarke County information, Shelter Pals dog listings, ordinance information, operating hours, general parks and recreation information, important phone numbers, information on historic districts, and more
For questions or suggestions, or to report ACTV problems, call the Public Information Office at 706-613-3795.
Televised Mayor and Commission Meeting Schedule (Length Varies)
Days for some live televised meetings may be altered due to holidays and elections. Meeting schedules are subject to change. Visit www.accgov.com/agendas for links to meeting agendas and schedules.
Meetings also stream live on www.accgov.com/actvlive and www.youtube.com/accgov.
- 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of each month: 6:00 PM (live)
- 2nd Tuesdays of each month: 5:30 PM (live)
- 4th & 5th Tuesdays of each month: 6:00 PM (rebroadcast)
- Every Thursday: 6:00 PM (rebroadcast)
- Every Sunday: 3:00 PM (rebroadcast)
- Can Athens-Clarke County regulate the price of cable?
- Does Athens-Clarke County have any control over internet service?
- Why doesn't my TV provider offer certain channels?
- Why is there no cable competition for Charter?
- What happens if I have a complaint about a video company?
- How does the move to statewide franchise for Charter change the complaint procedure?
- How does the move to statewide franchise affect AT&T's video offerings?
- What are the concerns with AT&T's U-Verse treatment of PEG channels?