The CTC provides information and recommendations on community tree policy and procedures to ACCGov officials, staff, and the public. It also offers educational opportunities and activities promoting responsible management of community tree resources. Read on...
MEMBERS: 10 members
TERM: 5 years – limit 2 consecutive 5 year terms
AUTHORIZING LEGISLATION: Athens-Clarke County Code of Ordinance § 8-1-1
- First Thursday of each month, Agenda Setting at 5:15 p.m. and Regular Meeting at 6:00 p.m., 120 W. Dougherty Street
- Special meetings: determined at the time of call
- Meeting minutes & agendas
- To initiate amendments to the text of the zoning ordinance of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia and to the official zoning map.
- To hear and make recommendations to the mayor and commission on proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia, including rezoning and planned developments.
- To initiate the amendments to the future development map and the Athens-Clarke Comprehensive Plan.
- To hear and make recommendations to the mayor and commission on proposed amendments to the future development map and the Athens-Clarke County Comprehensive Plan.
- To hear and make recommendations to the mayor and commission on applications for special use permits.
- To hear and decide appeals and make decisions as authorized in the zoning ordinance of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia.
- To conduct surveys and studies of existing conditions and probable future developments, and to prepare and recommend to the mayor and commission any plans for physical, social and economic growth as will best promote the public health, safety, order, convenience, aesthetics, prosperity or the general welfare of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia.
- To perform other planning functions and duties as may be required by the mayor and commission.
METHOD OF APPOINTMENT
Mayor and Commission
Brad Griffin, Planning Director
ACC Planning Department website: www.accgov.com/planning