Inmates may be visited on Sunday from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Visits may also be made on county holidays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Rules for Visitation
- No weapons, drugs, or contraband are allowed. Any violators will be prosecuted.
- Any visitor violating any rules will be asked to leave the property.
- All activities during visitation are recorded by electronic equipment.
- All visitors must be on an inmate’s approved visitation list. Anyone not on the list will not be allowed to visit.
- All visitors are subject to search at any time.
- All personal property is to be left in the visitor's vehicle.
- No food, drinks, or tobacco products may be brought in during visitation.
- No cell phones, cameras, or electronic recording equipment are allowed.
- All visitors must sign in using a picture ID prior to visiting an inmate.
- No more than four visitors per inmate are allowed at one time.
- Any child under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Money orders will not be accepted at visitation. All money orders must be mailed. No cash or personal checks are accepted. Money orders must include the inmate’s name and ID number.
- Attorneys may visit by making special arrangements at least 24 hours in advance.
From Atlanta, take Highway 78 East to Athens. Highway 78 becomes Broad Street. Go past the University of Georgia. Broad Street then becomes Lexington Road. After two miles, turn left onto County Farm Road. Athens-Clarke County Correctional Institution is on the left across from Thornton Plaza.