The ACC Landfill has partnered with the Oconee Rivers Audubon Society (ORAS) to offer birding opportunities at the ACC Landfill.
Landfill Birding Policy:
- Birders are allowed on the ACC Landfill property during operating hours only. The ACC Landfill is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM and Saturday, 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM.
- All birders MUST sign in and out at the scale house. Please park and walk into the scale house. Do NOT cross over the scales. Please be patient - paying customers on the scale are serviced first.
- The birders parking area is at the ACC Landfill outdoor classroom (near the compost pad). There is a defined space.
- Birders are ONLY allowed on the designated birding trail. The birding trail starts and ends at the outdoor classroom.
- Birders MUST be 18 years old or older – no children are allowed to bird unless given special permission from ACC Landfill staff.
- Birders are at the ACC Landfill property at their own risk.
- The ACC Landfill staff reserve the right to ask any birder to leave the property if these rules are not followed.
- ORAS partners with the ACC Recycling Division twice a year for special Sunday birding opportunities during spring and fall migration. Need a special birding opportunity at the ACC Landfill? Contact the ACC Recycling Division at (706) 613-3512.
To see a complete list of birds observed at the ACC Landfill site, please visit http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L1436423.
Need more birding information? Please visit the Oconee Rivers Audubon Society website at http://www.oconeeriversaudubon.org/.
Need more ACC Landfill information? Please contact the ACC Landfill at (706) 613-3508.
Photo Credit (top to bottom): Barn Owl, Dr. Richard Hall; Bald Eagle, Dr. Richard Hall; Killdeer, Brent Reynolds; Painted Bunting, Dr. Richard Hall.