Drive-In Movie Blue Carpet Premiere
The show must go on! The time has come to roll out the blue carpet as your cars roll in for the 2020 Ripple Effect finalist films' drive-in debut. When the sun sets on Lake Chapman, the drive-in movie theater will light up, and the show begins.
Join us at Sandy Creek Park on Saturday, March 20, 2021, to view the water-themed finalist films submitted by K-12 grade students in 2020. Filmmakers attending the event can stop for a photo opp with the dropaparazzi and will receive a "swag bag" upon entry. Usually, filmmakers are encouraged to dress for the Oscars, but since the event is at night and in our cars, we suggest getting comfy and dressing in your swankiest PJs*.
While we are planning for a special and fun event to honor and recognize our filmmakers' hard work and patience, safety is our Number 1 priority. We appreciate your support and understanding of the following guidelines in place for the Blue Carpet Premiere:one Editing
- Registration is required for admittance and is open until March 18, 2020. Register here.
- Registration is per car, not per person. We have the potential for more guests/cars than space, so you are encouraged to carpool with those you know well.
- Check-in will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Cars must be in the park by 7:45 p.m. to ensure a safe and positive movie experience for all moviegoers.
- The films will start at 8:00 p.m. Park gates will be closed, and late entry is not permitted as not to disturb the movie experience.
- Attendees are reminded to wear masks and enjoy the film from inside their cars or from a viewing arrangement (chairs, blanket, etc.) within arms’ length of their car.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- The public should bring their own refreshments. Food and beverages will not be sold or provided at the park.
Upon arrival, motorists will be directed to the parking area with vehicles appropriately spaced to allow for social distancing. Restrooms will be available. All park rules will be enforced, including no alcohol, smoking, or grills.
Sandy Creek Park, a facility of the Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services Department, is located at 400 Bob Holman Road.
Brought to you by ACC Water Conservation Office, Stormwater Management, Keep Athens-Clarke County Beautiful, and Leisure Services.
*When selecting "swankiest PJs," please keep in mind this is a family-friendly event.