On Friday, December 6th around 4:00pm, ACCPD responded to an Armed Robbery call in the 200 block of Rolling Ridge Drive. Upon arrival, officers spoke with an 18-year-old victim who stated he was robbed at gunpoint by multiple suspects. The suspects took a cell phone and an undetermined amount of cash. After speaking with witnesses, officers located the suspects in a nearby apartment.
After the suspects barricaded themselves in the apartment, ACCPD’s Special Response Team (SRT) arrived to assist. Two suspects then exited the apartment. After repeatedly asking the remaining suspect to exit the apartment, and providing several warnings, SRT deployed chemical agents. The remaining suspect, later identified as Deerickious Davenport (23 YOA), came out of the apartment and was taken into custody. Davenport was arrested and charged with Armed Robbery and multiple Probation Violations. None of the suspects or ACCPD officers were injured in the incident.
While this incident is continuing to be investigated, it is believed that this transaction was
initiated via online purchasing apps. ACCPD suggests exercising caution when using these apps to
Please consider the following safety precautions:
- transactions should occur during the day and never at night
- a well-lit and frequented location is the best place for a transaction
- consider a law enforcement parking lot to conduct your transaction
- do not meet at a private residence
- once established, beware if the buyer or seller changes the location
- consider alternate forms of payment rather than cash