Athens Regional Library System Bookdrops Re-Open Mondays - Fridays from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
As of Wednesday, May 20, the Athens Regional Library System bookdrops are open Monday through Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to allow the safe return of library materials.
Patrons do not have to return library borrowed items this first week, as only a limited number of staff will be on hand to handle the returns. Before returning library materials, please keep the following in mind:
- If there is illness in your home, please do not return any library items.
- No fines are being accrued during this time. The library will alert the public before re-instituting fines.
- Do not leave materials outside of the bookdrop. If the bookdrop is closed, keep items until they can be safely returned inside the bookdrop on weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Return only library borrowed materials. The library is not accepting donations.
- Library materials will be quarantined in the library for 10 days before being checked-in and taken off a patron's record.
The library system currently expects to begin curbside pickup of library holds as of Wednesday, May 27 between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to allow the safe circulation of library materials.
The library's online services include digital collections of e-books, audiobooks, and magazines for all ages, live programming on social media, interactive reference chat, access to online resources, and more.
For more information on the Athens-Clarke County Library, visit www.athenslibrary.org/athens.