Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Several options are available to apply for water/sewer service:
All requests for new services require:
Learn more about how to transfer services.
Visit the PUD Start/Stop/Transfer webpage for additional information.
Show All Answers
The Public Utilities Department (PUD) provides water delivery and sewer collection services for Athens-Clarke County (ACC).
Water: Over 800 miles of water lines deliver high-quality drinking water to 99% of our population. Other homes and businesses are served by private wells or small water systems. Our customer service representatives can let you know if your address receives county water.
Sewer: PUD's sanitary sewer system serves approximately 75% of the county; the remaining 25% of the population relies on on-site septic systems.
Recycled Water: The PUD is committed to the sustainable use of our water resources. Plans are underway to incorporate purple pipes, the color indicating recycled pipeline, into the infrastructure to provide recycled water to cooling towers and the industrial park.
Not sure if your new location is on sewer or has a septic system? Our customer service representative can let you know if your address is billed for sewer charges. If you pay a sewer charge on your water bill, you are on a sewer system. If not, you should be on a septic system. To confirm or for questions about your septic system, contact the Clarke County Health Department's Environmental Health Section at 706-583-2658.
The Public Utilities Department (PUD) specializes in providing excellent water and sewer services for Athens-Clarke County (ACC). We do not offer any other services.
Please use the following contact information for questions or to assist you in establishing your other utilities. Because we only handle water and sewer, our PUD customer service representatives do not have access to information regarding which of these utilities serves your address.
Power/Electricity: The following are local power providers. Contact these providers to determine which one offers service for your location.
Georgia Power888-655-58881001 Prince AveAthens, GA 30606
Jackson EMC706-548-536285 Spratlin Mill RdHull, GA 30646
Walton EMC770-267-25052061 Hog Mountain RdWatkinsville, GA 30677
Natural Gas: The following company can assist in matching you with your natural gas provider. If you use natural gas at your home, we recommend keeping your natural gas company number handy in case you should ever smell gas at your home. Our PUD crews cannot respond to or repair gas leaks.
Atlanta Gas Light800-427-546310 Peachtree Pl NEAtlanta, GA 30309