Business Occupation Tax
The Business Tax Division is responsible for the issuance of the Business Occupation Tax Certificates (commonly referred to as a business license) and several special sales or regulatory permits for businesses located within Athens-Clarke County. Approximately 5,000 businesses are registered with Athens-Clarke County and their taxes are assessed and collected annually.
If the business is located within the city limits of Bogart or Winterville, Georgia, the business will be registered with those cities.
Information, applications, requirements, and specific instructions for each type of certificate issued by Athens-Clarke County Unified Government can be obtained from the following:
Business Occupation Tax Listings
- New Business Tax Listing - August 2023
- New Business Tax Listing - July 2023
- New Business Tax Listing - June 2023
- New Business Tax Listing - May 2023
- New Business Tax Listing -April 2023
- New Business Tax Listing - March 2023
- New Business Tax Listing - February 2023
- New Business Tax Listing - January 2023
- January 2022 to December 2022
For further information, see the Official Code of Georgia Title 48, Chapter 13.
For more information, contact one of our staff members:
- Annette Loggins, Financial Services Administrator: 762-400-6046
- Alicia Byrd, Financial Support Specialist II : 762-400-6045
- Linda Cape, Financial Support Specialist II 762-400-6051
- Joyce Fountain, Financial Support Supervisor: 762-400-6068