Operational Analysis Office
The Office of Operational Analysis (formerly the Auditor’s Office) was created by the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government Charter to "conduct a continuing internal audit of the fiscal affairs and operations of every department, office, and agency of the Unified Government."
The office functions to provide strategic planning, organizational analysis, feasibility and program evaluations, staffing reviews, and other services all with the intent of enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of government operations for the benefit of Athens-Clarke County.
The mission of the Office of Operational Analysis is to provide quality internal audit services through independent and objective reviews and assessments of the activities, operations, financial systems, and internal accounting controls that supports the Mayor and Commission’s adopted goals and strategies; to make recommendations that will improve governance, risk management, control processes and value for money, all with the intent of enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of government operations for the benefit of Athens-Clarke County.
Goals and Objectives
Deliver value and impact through:
- Continuing to work with the Audit Committee
- Development of a work plan composed of relevant, important issues
- Development and application of objective reviews and operational assessments
- Actively using technology to maximize impact
- Working collaboratively with Athens-Clarke County departments and agencies
- Providing valuable recommendations for the services and programs offered
- Completing audits in a timely manner
- Striving to continuously improve performance by using modern technology