- Departments & Offices I - Z
- Planning Department
- Neighborhood Notification Initiative (NNI)
- How to Sign Up for Notifications
How to Sign Up for Notifications
Notifications through the NNI are sent for projects that come through the Planning Department via Hearings Board, Historic Preservation Commission, Planning Commission, and Plans Review. Anyone may sign up to receive email notifications in any area, regardless of residency location. Emails are sent for projects located within/nearby the boundaries of Registered Neighborhoods, Special Interest Overlays and Commission Districts as follows:
- NNI--N--Neighborhood Name: These are neighborhoods that have registered with the NNI. If you sign up for one of these, for instance, NNI--N--Ashton Place Community Association, you will receive notices about projects that fall within the boundaries of this neighborhood, and also for projects that are immediately adjacent to the boundaries.
- NNI--O--Overlay Name: These are special interest overlay areas that are located along major road corridors, plus the downtown area. If you sign up for one of these, for instance, NNI--O--Baxter Street, you will receive notices about projects that are proposed along Baxter Street.
- NNI--O--Commission Districts: Sign up for these lists to receive notices for projects that are proposed within one of the 10 commission districts.
- NNI--Athens-Clarke County (All Notices): If you want to receive every notice sent through the NNI, you only need to sign up for this list.
- Development Services Information: Sign up to receive notifications regarding potential changes to policies and procedures affecting development-related services in the Planning Department. Notices contain information about paper and electronic plan submittal requirements, proposed text amendments, application fees, and other updates affecting ACC's Development Review Process. Information about specific projects can be found within the NNI.
If you want to receive emails for a specific area and there is not a registered neighborhood or overlay there, you can sign up for notices for that commission district.
Some Overlays and Neighborhoods overlap. If a project falls within the overlap area and you are signed up for both lists, you will receive two emails about that project (for instance, a portion of the Timothy Road Overlay Area overlaps the McNutts Creek, St. Ives, Colleton Oaks and Kingswood Neighborhoods. Multiple Neighborhoods and Overlays fall within each Commission District).
To view maps of each Registered Neighborhood, Overlay Area, and Commission District, see Maps of Notification Areas.
Please follow these instructions to sign up for the Neighborhood Notification Initiative:
- Go to https://accgov.com/list.aspx
- Type your email address in the box and select Sign In.
- If you want to receive text messages, enter your phone number and select Save Profile Information (the text messages do not contain as much information as the emails).
- To subscribe, click the envelope icon (for emails) and/or the mobile phone icon (for text messages) next to the lists you are interested in. A green checkmark should appear. You can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time by checking/unchecking each list.
- All NNI lists start with "NNI", but there are many, many other ACC department lists you may be interested in.
- For each list you click on, you will receive the following message: Thanks for subscribing to the list! You must confirm your account before you will receive any emails. Please check your email for the confirmation link. You may need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
- Once you have selected everything you are interested in, scroll to the top and click "Sign Out" above the email address box.
- After you confirm the registration in your email account, you should be registered! Email email@example.com or call 706-613-3515 if you have questions or trouble signing up.