How the Probate Court Can Assist You
Below you will find information on the ways the Probate Court is and is not permitted to assist you:
- We can explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- We can tell you what the requirements are to have your case considered.
- We can give you information from your case file.
- We can give you blank Georgia Probate Court Standard forms (GPCSF).
- We can only give you general guidance on completing the forms.
- We can usually answer questions about court deadlines and due dates.
- We can tell you the definition of common legal terms used in this court.
- We can give you the phone number of a lawyer referral service.
- We cannot give you legal advice. Only a lawyer can give you legal advice.
- We cannot tell you whether or not you should file a particular petition.
- We cannot tell you what to do, only what your options are.
- We cannot recommend a lawyer.
- We cannot talk to the judge for you about what will happen in your case.
- We cannot let you talk to the judge outside of court about your case.
- We cannot change an order issued by the judge.