Advantages of Mediation
Mediation has several advantages over the traditional litigation process:
- Mediation presents a win-win result, rather than the win-lose result generated in an adverse court proceeding, which is beneficial to each side.
- If two parties can reach an agreement privately through mediation, they can avoid the confrontational proceedings in a traditional courtroom battle.
- Mediation is less costly to both parties and the court system.
- A less formal, more comfortable setting facilitates an agreeable atmosphere.
- The parties maintain control of the terms of the settlement and decide together what is best for them.