When your voter registration has been accepted, you will be issued a precinct card. This card lists your voting districts and precinct. It is not required when you vote. Learn about changing your address on your precinct card.
If you have misplaced or have not received your precinct card within three to four weeks of submitting your voter registration application, please contact the Athens-Clarke County Board of Elections office at 706-613-3150 to request a new precinct card or to check the status of your application. You may also check on your application status through the Georgia Secretary of State website.
Voters in elections are required to show one of the following six forms of photo ID when voting:
- A Georgia driver’s license, even if expired
- A valid driver's license for another state or US territory
- Any valid photo ID issued by the state or federal government, including a free Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar or Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- Valid U.S. passport
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, the State of Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID