The Community Outreach Unit is tasked with bridging the gap between law enforcement and the community by building community relationships and partnerships. Community Outreach is tasked with:
- Plan community events;
- Educate our community on law enforcement and safety concerns;
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies for the hiring of new deputies and detention officers;
- Provide oversight for the Accreditation and Professional Standards team;
- Supervise Public Information functions;
- Develop C.H.A.M.P.S youth program;
- Implement an expanded and reconfigured Sheriff’s Citizen’s Academy.