Account Changes

Has your mailing address changed?

Email with your account number and new mailing address. You can also update your mailing address through our online payment platform.

Have you recently sold or purchased property in Athens-Clarke County?

Please go ahead and fill out our Change of Ownership form. If you have sold or purchased property, the closing attorney generates a Property Transfer form (PT-61) that is filed with the deed for the change of ownership. The closing attorney has 90 days to file this paperwork. The state receives the paperwork and sends it out to the Stormwater Utility, the Tax Assessor, and any other parties who subscribe to the forms. Once we receive notification of the transfer, Billing Staff will close the account under the old owner's name and begin an account in the new owner's name. A prorated final bill (based on the closing date) will be mailed to the old owner, and a prorated first bill will be mailed to the new owner with the next billing cycle.

Has the amount of your stormwater utility fee changed?

You may have seen a change in your Stormwater Billing account in 2015 or 2016 due to a comprehensive impervious surface audit of all accounts. As a result of the audit, some residential customers changed billing categories (i.e. moved from the small single family to medium single family classification), but rates have not been altered since it's implementation in 2005.

Do you think your stormwater utility bill is calculated incorrectly?

Please complete the Adjustment Review Request and email it to You can also mail the form or bring it to the Stormwater Billing office in person between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our office is located at:

Athens-Clarke County Stormwater Management
120 W. Dougherty Street 
Athens, GA 30601

For more information, please contact Stormwater Billing Staff at 706-613-3440.