|The Athens-Clarke County Planning Commission is a ten-member body composed of ACC residents appointed by the Mayor and Commission for five-year terms. The Planning Commission meets regularly on the first Thursday of each month to deliberate and make recommendations to the Mayor & Commission regarding Planned Development requests, Special Use requests, Rezoning requests, the Planning & Zoning code, the Comprehensive Plan and other planning and development-related matters.||Members|
Maxine Easom, Chair
Agendas & Project Information
- Interactive Planning Commission Map
- Agendas and Minutes
- Site Plans, Staff Reports & Location Maps - Location maps, site plans and staff reports for projects on current and past agendas can be found in the ACC Calendar. To view this information, use the Calendar links at the right (in the grey box) to click on an upcoming meeting, or search for meetings through the main Calendar page. Project information is posted on the date it was heard by the Planning Commission in the "Planning Commission Meeting" calendar.
- Planning Commission Response to Mayor Girtz’s Inclusionary Development Charge - In the Fall of 2019, Mayor Girtz charged the Planning Commission with exploring issues and recommending practices that would encourage mixed‐income development across various residential zones, including some specifically identified issues which could serve as either impediments or accelerants in developing an affordable housing initiative in Athens‐Clarke County.
Resources & Applications
- Athens-Clarke County Code Sec. 8-1-1
- By-Laws & Rules of Procedure for the Planning Commission
- Planned Development Application
- Rezoning Application
- Special Use Application
- Pre-Application Conference Request
- Application Fees & Submittal Requirements
- 2020-2021 Meeting and Deadline Schedule
Sign Up for Notices
- Anyone may sign up to receive periodic e-mails or text messages about projects on Planning Commission agendas through Athens-Clarke County’s Neighborhood Notification Initiative (NNI). Notices are sent monthly, prior to upcoming meetings, and also in the event of a change to an agenda.
- NNI Information & Sign-up Instructions