Fees & Other Services
- Commercial: $43 per ton (one ton = 2,000 pounds) with a $10 minimum
- Residential: $43 per ton
- $1.50 per bag for up to six bags
- Over six bags will be charged at a rate of $43 per ton rate with a $10 minimum
- Please Note: The Athens-Clarke County Landfill accepts Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) from Athens-Clarke County & Oglethorpe County ONLY.
- Leaf & Limb Fees - Commercial: $25,50 per ton with a $5 minimum
- Leaf & Limb Fees - Residential: $25.50 per ton with a $5 minimum
- Car batteries: $1 per battery
- Mattresses & Box springs: $10 per item
- Paint: $2.00 per can or $10.00 per 5 gallon bucket
- Propane tanks: $1 per tank
- Tires: $3 per standard passenger / light truck tire, $10 per commercial truck tire
- Tires cannot be on the rim. If a tire is on the rim the fee is $25.00 per tire.
Certain items are banned from landfills. Contact the Athens-Clarke County Landfill for a complete list of all prohibited items at (706) 613-3508. Please note: The landfill manager conducts random inspections of all loads entering the landfill and is authorized to inspect any suspicious loads.
Please Note: The Athens-Clarke County Landfill DOES NOT accept Construction and Demolition (C&D) material. That material should be taken to the Oglethorpe County C&D Landfill, which is 9.2 miles past our facility. Please see the Oglethorpe County C&D Landfill link in the menu for all pertinent information. If you are not sure what qualifies as C&D material, please call us. We are here to help.