TERM: 5 years – no limit
AUTHORIZING LEGISLATION: Athens-Clarke County Code of Ordinance § 7-1-36 (d) 1
- Regular meetings: As needed, 120 W. Dougherty Street
- Special meetings: varies; depends on coordination of an appropriate date and time for the board members and the applicant
To hear appeals of decisions and interpretations of the building official and consider variances of the technical codes.
- Building contractor shall be actively and currently engaged within the construction industry for at least five years.
- Plumbing contractor shall hold a valid and current State of Georgia unrestricted plumbing contractor's license.
- Electrical contractor shall hold a valid and current State of Georgia unrestricted electrical contractor's license.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning contractor shall hold a valid and current State of Georgia unrestricted conditioned air contractor's license.
- Architect/Engineer shall hold the appropriate professional State of Georgia license.
|Vacant, Electrical contractor||11-30-2022|
|Smith Wilson, General contractor||11-30-2023|
|William Belger, HVAC contractor||11-30-2023|
|David Matheny, Architect/Engineer||11-30-2024|
|Vacant, Plumbing contractor||11-30-2025|
METHOD OF APPOINTMENT
Mayor and Commission
Doug Hansford, Chief Building Official