Public Information Office
Residents are invited to provide input on the Transit Development Plan, which identifies how Transit will meet state and local priorities for public transportation through operating changes, capital improvements, and strategic investments. Read on...
Several Athens-Clarke County roads will be closed indefinitely as crews work to design and replace failed stormwater pipes and culverts under the roads. Read on...
Construction of temporary repairs to the Fowler Mill Road bridge will begin the week of January 9, 2023 with an anticipated reopening of the bridge by late March. A permanent bridge replacement is planned for construction in 2025. Read on...
What we do
The Public Information Office communicates clearly and openly to the residents of Athens-Clarke County about the government’s goals, activities, and services. The office was established in 1997.
- Manage and maintain ACTV, the government access channel, which is available on Spectrum Channel 180 and streams at www.accgov.com/actv
- Broadcast Mayor and Commission meetings live and on-demand on ACTV and online through accgov.com/videos, Facebook, and YouTube
- Produce the monthly ACCENT employee newsletter
- Produce the annual ACC from A to Z resident guide to Athens-Clarke County services
- Produce the quarterly ACCGov Quarterly water bill insert
- Work with media outlets regarding Athens-Clarke County Unified Government activities
- Field residents' questions and concerns via email, phone calls & social media
- Serve as the Camera Ready Liaison for productions in Athens-Clarke County
- Administer the accgov.com website
- Administers the ACCGov to You program van and materials for in-person tabling at events
- Can I list an event on ACTV?
No. ACTV is a government-access channel limited to information and events related to the government.
- Can I contact the Public Information Office if I have a question about the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government?
Yes. Much of the information can be found on this website. However, if you can't find the information you are seeking, contact us through phone at 706-613-3795 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll assist you with getting in touch with the right place.
- What if I have a question about the Georgia or United States government?
The Public Information Office only provides information about the local Athens-Clarke County government. We do have some contact information about certain state and federal offices in our ACC from A to Z guide. For other questions, contact 800-GEORGIA (state information) and 800-FED-INFO (federal information).