Transferring Service

How to Transfer Service
To transfer utility service you must already receive service with an account in your name, have a good payment history*, and be relocating within the county. The current water bill balance must be paid in full before the transfer request can be completed.  Please notify the Water Business Office within one working day of when you would like the new service to start:

Complete the Start Water/Sewer Service Request Form and indicate you are transferring service when prompted. 

Water Business Office
124 E. Hancock Ave.
Athens, GA 30601

By Phone:

You will need to verify the information the ACC Water Business Office currently has on file, including last four digits of Social Security number, date of birth, and/or driver's license number. A $10 service fee will be added to your first bill at your new location. Service can be started on the same day for an additional $15 charge if notification is received by the Water Business Office before 4:00 p.m.

*Good Payment History
A good payment history requires that you have:

  • No disconnects for non-payment
  • No more than two late payments in a 24-month period
  • No returned checks