Water Business Office Customer Service
Water Business Office Reopens for Walk-in Customers:
The Water Business Office (WBO) is open for in-person transactions M-F, from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. To continue to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff, the WBO asks customers who are feeling ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, shortness of breath, cough, etc.), or had recent contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, to please wait to visit the WBO in-person.
If you need to pay your water bill and wish to minimize exposure, we have several options available:
- Online: Create an online account and pay your water bill
- Phone: Call 706-613-3500 between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM to pay your bill by credit card over the phone
- Mail: ACC Public Utilities Water Business Office, P.O. Box 16869, Atlanta, GA 30321-0869
- Online e-check
- Bank draft (ACH)
- Dropboxes located at the front and back of the WBO at 124 E. Hancock Ave.
New Traffic Pattern & Parking
The parking lot at the Water Business Office now has a one-way traffic pattern. Enter from the Lumpkin Street side of the building and exit onto E. Hancock Avenue. Additional metered parking spots are available along Lumpkin Street and E. Hancock Ave. Tagged meters indicate the spots are for Water Customers Only from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Parking in these spots is limited to thirty-minutes and is not metered during these hours.
Need to Start/Stop/Transfer Service?
- Start or Transfer Service: You can complete Water Services Request & Garbage Service Request forms found online to start or transfer service. Customer Service assistance is available at (706) 613-3500, M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Please have your driver’s license and the last four digits of your Social Security number available. Visit our webpage for information on starting or transferring services.
- Stop Service: Visit our webpage for information on terminating service.
For further customer service, please contact the Water Business Office at 706-613-3500.
Athens-Clarke County Public Utilities
Customer Service Center
124 Hancock Avenue
Athens, GA 30601
Special hours to allow for sanitizing lobby: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Parking is one-way and accessed from Lumpkin Street only; exit onto E. Hancock Ave.