The purpose of this Project is to provide funding for the purchase and installation of equipment for improvements to Athens-Clarke County facilities and traffic control systems to better assist people with disabilities.
The project has included various improvements at multiple locations in Athens-Clarke County as follows:
- Audible pedestrian signal buttons were installed at the intersection of Gaines School Road and College Station Road and along the Gaines School Road corridor to help aide the visually impaired.
- Wheelchair-accessible picnic tables and grills have been installed at two picnic shelters in Memorial Park and two picnic shelters in Sandy Creek Park.
- Pool lifts were purchased and are available for use at Bishop Park, East Athens Community Center, Lay Park, Memorial Park, and Rocksprings Park pools.
- A portable personal listening device system was purchased to help aide the listening impaired during Athens-Clarke County Unified Government events.
- Parking lot improvements were completed at Memorial Park Quinn Hall to provide additional Handicap parking and a new access ramp to the facility.
- Handicap ramps were installed to improve entrance capability at several ACC facilities.
Key Project Statistics
- Contractor: Structural Resources
- Sponsor: Leisure Services
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Original SPLOST Budget: $131,920
- Total Cost: $131,920
- Completion Date: 2015