The North Oconee Rivers Greenway Project project consists of the acquisition of properties and easements on the North Oconee River and development of greenway trails for public use. Parcels may provide stream buffer, recreational access to the river, and/or greenway opportunities as outlined in the ACC Greenway Network Plan.
The North Oconee Rivers Greenway project is divided into two separate Greenway trail sub-projects, both of which are partially funded via Federal Grants in addition to SPLOST 2005 funding.
- Sub-project A, the “Trail Creek Segment,” is the segment of the greenway from East Broad Street to East Athens Community Park.
- Sub-project B, the “North Oconee River Segment,” is the segment of the greenway from Dudley Park to College Station Road.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: Kimley-Horn & Associates
- Contractor: Astra Group, Inc.
- Sponsor: Leisure Services
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Original SPLOST Budget: $3,470,967
- Grants or other funding: $2,086,214
- Total Cost: $3,470,967
- Completion Date: April 2018