The purpose of this project is to maintain, upgrade, and repair publicly owned bridges throughout Athens-Clarke County. Bridge deficiencies identified in the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) Biennial Bridge Report were given the highest priority. This ongoing program was initialized with SPLOST 2000.
Project 09 provided the improvement of the following bridge locations: Westchester Drive at Hunnicutt Creek, East Broad Street Bridge, Fowler Mill Road Bridge, and Martin Luther King Parkway.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: Arcadis Geraghty & Miller
- Contractor: Sunbelt Structure
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Sponsor: Transportation and Public Works
- Original SPLOST Budget: $1,468,209
- Amended Budget: $1,854,018
- Total Cost: $1,854,015
- Completion Date: Varies by sub-project