Project 20 provided for the construction of a Tennis Center in Athens-Clarke County. Construction included building 12 asphalt courts, all of which are outdoor and lighted. There are viewing and staging areas, along with restrooms, meeting space, and a covered pavilion with outdoor seating. The center is an extension of Southeast Clarke Park and an entrance road directly to the center was constructed off of Lexington Road.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: Wood + Partners, Inc.
- Contractor: Aarene Contracting, LLC
- Sponsor: Leisure Services
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Original SPLOST Budget: $2,316,531
- Amended Budget: $3,643,545
- Grants or other funding: $425,900
- Total Cost: $3,643,545
- Completion Date: Spring 2013