This project was established to provide for road improvements that have been identified in the Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and the Long-Range Transportation Plan for Athens-Clarke County. Improvements may also include existing road widening and improvements or construction of new roadways within Athens-Clarke County. This will continue an ongoing SPLOST 2000 project.
This project included construction of the Danielsville Road improvements and construction of the Jennings Mill Parkway. The completed Jennings Mill project is approximately 0.58 miles in length of four-lane divided roadway with associated turn lanes and medians, connecting Jimmie Daniel Road and Commerce Boulevard. Additional funding for Sub-Projects was added to this Project to meet infrastructure obligations for the Caterpillar Plant Project Construction.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: Arcadis
- Contractor: Gary's Grading
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Sponsor: Transportation and Public Works
- Original SPLOST Budget: $6,125,274
- Amended Budget: $8,012,659
- Grants or other funding: $2,231,949
- Total Cost: $10,244,608
- Completion Date: Varies by sub-project