This project will fund ongoing preventive maintenance and road reconstruction activities on various local streets and roads throughout Athens-Clarke County. The project includes crack sealing, full-depth patching, resurfacing, and roadway reconstruction with the intent to preserve and extend the life of existing roadways. This will continue an ongoing SPLOST 2000 Project.
Project 13 provided for the improvements of approximately 1,250 lane miles of local roads throughout the county.
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: Athens-Clarke County Staff
- Contractor: Varies by sub-project
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- Sponsor: Transportation and Public Works
- Original SPLOST Budget: $5,012,286
- Amended Budget: $6,178,327
- Grants or other funding: $5,190,261
- Total Cost: $11,368,588
- Completion Date: Each year