Leaf & Limb
The Athens-Clarke County Solid Waste Department provides pick-up of leaf and limbs to all residents in Athens-Clarke County. By diverting and mulching leaf and limb material, we are meeting the requirements set forth by the state in 1996, which state that no yard waste may be disposed of in landfills, thereby saving valuable space. Athens-Clarke County began this program in 1994.
REVISED SCHEDULE AS OF Friday June 24th, 2022.
Area A, will be collected July 5th thru July 8th
Area B, will be collected July 11th thru July 15th
Area C, will be collected July 18th thru July 22nd
Area D, will be collected July 25th thru July 29th
Following Areas in Area E will be collected during the week of June 27th thru July 1st:
- Streets off of Prince Ave, including Chattooga and Nantahala Ave.
- Streets between Oglethorpe Ave and Old West Broad.
- Hill Crest Ave
- Matthews Ave
- Hodgson Drive
- Hart Ave
Area F, will be collected June 27th thru July 1st
For an update on the 6-week rotation schedule, call 706-613-3501 and press number 2.
- Collection piles MUST be out by 8:00 A.M. on the Monday of your collection week.
- Click here to search for your collection area.
Report missed leaf & limb pick up within 72 hours of the normally scheduled pick-up. Contact the Solid Waste Department at 706-613-3501, Press 7 or email email@example.com.
Leaf and Limb Collection Guidelines Summary per ACC Code of Ordinance Sec. 5-2-7:
- Leaf and Limb collection is for residential customers only Residents are allowed one "load" per 6-week rotation. A load is defined as 25 paper lawn refuse bags OR a pile of limbs that measures 6 ft. long by 6 ft. high by 4.5 ft. deep OR a combination of both. Limbs & branches can be no more than 4 inches in diameter.
- Material should be placed at the curb in front of an occupied residence for collection. Leaf and limb material will not be collected on empty lots, private drives or islands.
- Entry on property by Athens-Clarke County vehicles and employees. Except as otherwise provided, Athens-Clarke County owned vehicles shall not enter upon private property to collect limbs or other solid waste, and employees are hereby prohibited from entering upon private property to collect limbs which are placed more than five feet behind the sidewalk or property line, whichever is the farthest from the center-line of the street.