Parking Decks & Parking
Update on Nov. 19, 2021: Free parking in the West Washington Street, College Avenue, and Courthouse parking decks in downtown Athens was extended from 30 minutes to two hours from Nov. 22 - Dec. 24, 2021.
Parking was also extended from 30 minutes to one hour in these same three parking decks from Dec. 26, 2021 until the East Clayton Street Improvements Project is substantially completed, which is expected to be in late spring 2022.
Athens-Clarke County Parking Decks:
- Courthouse deck - Located at the corner of Hancock Ave. and Thomas Street (enter via Hancock), the Courthouse parking deck is managed by the Athens-Clarke County Central Services department (706-613-3552 / 706-613-3530).
Non-ACC Parking Decks:
- Classic Center deck - Managed by the Classic Center (706-357-4444 / 706-208-0900). Classic Center parking website.
- College Avenue deck - Managed by the Downtown Athens Parking System (706-613-7978). The Downtown Athens Parking System also manages on-street parking downtown and several surface lots. Downtown Athens Parking System website.
- University of Georgia (11 decks) - Managed by UGA Parking Services (706-542-7275).
- West Washington Street deck - Managed by the Downtown Athens Parking System (706-613-7978)
Updated Nov. 19, 2021
- Metered parking in downtown Athens and in other areas is monitored and enforced by Downtown Athens Parking Services (DAPS) Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Rates are $1.50 per hour
- Meters are monitored from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
- Metered spaces allow a maximum of two hours between 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. After 6:00 p.m., you may purchase additional time.
- Meters take credit cards
- Downtown parking is free on the following days: Labor Day, July 4, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Day, and Christmas.
For more information and updates, visit Downtown Athens Parking Services (DAPS) or call 706-613-7978.